Our staff understands that family law matters can sometimes be highly volatile and stressful for you the client. When dealing with divorce, a child custody dispute, or any other type of contested family law matter it is important to have an attorney who is experienced, knowledgeable and compassionate on your side.
Over the years, The Florida Law Firm has acquired a wealth of knowledge and experience in representing our clients and in articulating our clients’ positions in such a way that the legal process becomes tolerable. We represent the best interests of children, mothers, fathers, and grandparents on various family law issues. The Firm provides counseling and legal representation to clients in a broad range of family law matters including:
- Preparing or reviewing marital agreements including marital settlement agreements, marital separation agreements, marital property agreements, premarital agreements, and prenuptial agreements
- Representation in contested and uncontested divorce, no-fault and fault divorce, and legal separation
- Counseling on tax implications of divorce on marital assets such as the marital home, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, artwork, and other appreciating items, retirement funds, and dependency exemptions,
- Marital property counseling such as high asset property protection, the division of marital assets and debts, business valuation, retirement accounts, 401(k)s, pensions, stocks, and bonds
Representation in custody and visitation matters affecting legal custody, physical custody, visitation, paternity, interstate jurisdictional issues, and out-of-state orders under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act (UCCJA)
- Representation in child support matters such as child support orders, enforcement, and modification orders
- Representation and counseling relative to alimony matters including spousal maintenance, spousal support, and alimony
- Representation in adoptions including stepparent adoptions, contested adoption, and interstate adoption
- Counseling and representation in child abuse and child protection issues
Representation in post-judgment modification matters including alimony, child custody, visitation and child support
- Representation in domestic relations matters such as restraining orders, temporary protection orders, no contact orders, domestic abuse, and domestic violence issues
- Representation matters relating to temporary orders such as child support, child custody, and marital property
Divorce can be a very painful way to conclude a marriage. Therefore, the decision of whether or not to divorce is typically not an easy one and requires a painstaking consideration. Roller coaster emotions of fear, insecurity, blame can compound the decision-making process. The decision to divorce essentially boils down to a simple question: “Regardless of all that has happened Can I happily spend the rest of my life with this person?”
The answer to this question invariably requires objective self-evaluation.
Hiring a good divorce lawyer can save you from a costly divorce agreement or judgment that could affect you long after the case has been concluded. The Florida Law Firm through years of experience and knowledge in divorce matters will work closely with you through this sensitive chapter of your life. No one case is the same. Each case is evaluated based on its own peculiar facts and circumstances. Our Firm through its network of professionals and associations is committed to providing the support that our clients need both from within and outside the legal community.
We believe in preserving the marriage institution at all possible cost. Therefore, we encourage non-adversarial alternatives, such as arbitration and mandatory mediation often imposed by state courts in an attempt to save time and money and preserve relationships to the extent possible.
Mediation and other Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) processes provide an alternative for those who prefer to stay out of court. ADR provides strong advantages in most cases, including reduced cost of time, expense and emotions. We will assist you in deciding whether ADR is best for you and will clearly advise you of your options.
Child Custody Law
Child custody inevitably results in the separation of a parent from child. Bonds of love and affection acquired over several years of living together may be broken. When custody becomes an issue, our parental instincts kick in and grief and heartache may be involved in reaching a resolution. Even when physical separation has taken place, emotional separation does not follow further compounding the situation.
You need an experienced, knowledgeable, compassionate and emotionally detached attorney to guide you through the process. Hiring a good attorney will foster better communication between the parties concerned and can often avoid the necessity of a bitter court battle.
The Florida Law Firm will handle your custody matter with the required professionalism, skill and experience you expect. We adopt a proactive approach by encouraging the parents to work with an experienced attorney to resolve the child custody issue. The different types of child custody arrangements that may be agreed upon or awarded, and which vary by jurisdiction, are:
- sole custody
- physical custody
- joint custody, and
- legal custody
If an amicable resolution fails, a court trial will decide the child custody outcome. Please understand that your rights as a parent are determined by the type of custody arrangement that you have. Our Firm will work ceaselessly in an effort to get you a satisfactory result.
Our Firm is also experienced in handling matters relating to child support. We will work with you in your goal to get the financial support your child deserves, or to not pay more than you ought to be paying. We will be there when there has been a change in the financial circumstances of a parent.
For example, what happens if one parent is now earning more or less than when the custody order was originally made by the court? Under what conditions can a parent ask for and win increased or decreased child support payment?
Our Firm will provide the expertise needed to favorably address and resolve these questions.